Sunday, September 2, 2012

| august in perspective. |








Summer is almost over!! Too sad. This has been an awesome summer! We've kept busy, and had fun too of course. :) If summer is winding down, the garden sure isn't. There are lots of ripening tomatoes on the vine, corn, and an abundance of cucumbers and zucchini. We'ce been making lots of tomato sauce and pickles. The canning shelves are getting full. Don't you love that feeling? Seeing lots of jars full of your labors sitting on a shelf all ready for winter? Oh, well, that's how I feel, I guess.
 So things around here are pretty laid back, for the breif present. :) And they are about to get busy. We've enjoyed a leisurely summer break from the busyness of school, playing with our darling puppies that are growing fatter by the day, (for puppies that's good!) and spending time with our sweet friends the S. family horseback riding and more recently going to their beautiful camp and going swimming. In the middle of August we were blessed to see some other dear friends the A family whom we hadn't seen in quite a while. Then of course we've had the garden to keep us busy, and the boys have been getting practised up for the big deer hunts this fall with their bows.
 Right now we are enjoying having Dad home with us for an extended vacation. This is an exciting time of year for us, actually, first week in September we usually spend in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. So of course everyone is very, very excited about that! Tomorrow (Monday) is a big packing and getting-ready day, so we're preparing for that. Then on Tuesday we'll be leaving! Coming home on Saturday afternoon. ;)
 Oh, and I'm sure you noticed that the blog has had a makeover. :) One of the funnest things for me (if funnest is a word?) about having a blog is changing it around. Apologies.
 Well, I've talked (or typed) long enough, and now I'm going to let you sit back and enjoy some long overdue pictures.






Some yummy garden things. :)

And growing puppies!




Recently some cute cousins came up from New York for a visit. They sorta live in the suburbs and love it out in the country.


  The boys got out the John Deere and trailer so that the cousins could have a ride.








My sweet Mama and Dad :)
We went to some friends' home church for church today. It was such a wonderful time of sweet fellowship.


 Sorry Hannah.
 I had to take this cute one of you and Mary Grace. ;)
Thank you M family for inviting us!

Well, I think that will be the conclusion of this post. I have more tomato sauce waiting downstairs to be canned, packing to start, Flash to install, a bedroom to be cleaned, and probably more things that I don't know about yet. But hope y'all had a great August, and I promise to post more later when I'm not so computered out and I have a little more time.
 One last thing. A link to a song I've been listening to a lot this week and really like~ hopefully you all will enjoy it too. :)
 Have a wonderful evening!
 ~Hannah

 

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Heather!
      I've been enjoying your blog a lot lately, too. :) Your brothers and sisters are all so cute.
      Thank you for commenting!
      ~Hannah

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful trip, Hannah! Looks like you are getting quite a lot from your garden!!
    E.M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily! Yes, we have been getting quite a lot. :)
      Hope you have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. Hi Hannah,
    I love your blog background. The puppies are so cute. That's nice that you got to go the M's again on Sunday. Mary Grace is so cute. It must be nice to be getting all those things canned. Mom canned 4 quarts of tomatoes the other day. Okay sorry for such a long comment. ~Salinn~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Salinn!
      I love long comments! Yes, Mary Grace is a darling. :) I love your new backround too. Cutest Blog on the Block has so many good ones. Hope you all are enjoying your canning. :)
      Love, Hannah

      Delete
  4. Hey Hannah!
    The blog is looking great! Nice pics! Sorry I haven't checked out your blog for a while. I like the song a lot! I hope I didn't get you started on those... :D I hope y'all get a freezer-full of venison! And yeah, it was really great when y'all came over. It was good visiting after so long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks for commenting! No, I was into that long before. Yes, I'm hoping my brothers get lots of deer, too. :)And it was great seeing y'all, too.
    P.S. I'm posting from the beach. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beach!!! It's been a couple years since we've been there, and it's one of my favorite places to go:) The countdown has begun. We are leaving for Ocean City, NJ in one week and seven days. We'll be there for two weeks...gone for a total of three (six days of driving, ugh:/) But the drive will be worth it all. We haven't gone on vacation in two years, so it will be nice to have this "family time". I'm sure we'll have a blessed time, and plenty to share with you all when we get back!

      Delete
    2. You know, it's only 6 hours 53 mins to our house from there. ;) Probably the closest you'll ever be to our area. I think Mom would LOVE a visit. But, I wouldn't be surprised if y'all would like to enjoy the full 2 weeks of "family time" Enjoy!
      And Hannah, enjoy your time at the beach!

      Delete
    3. That's too funny, Nick! I mapped it to your house from Ocean City, too, and came up with the same time. I tried to convince Mom to come, but wasn't too successful:) Maybe you guys could come see us while we're there! It sure would be fun to have some company at the beach:)

      Delete
  6. We'd love a visit too! (Although I'd understand too if you all wanted strictly family time) Wow, Heather, that sounds quite exciting! I don't think I've ever been to New Jersey before, but I'm sure it will be very fun for you guys. Will you go in the water? The water here is freezing! I'm sure if you go in the water it'll be warmer than here. :) And yes, Nick, we're very enjoying our time at the beach. More on that later. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Hannah, we'll go in the water. We all love the water...everyone except Dad:) I was born in NJ, and all of our extended family lives about 45-50 minutes from there, so it will give us an opportunity to see them. The water should be fairly warm. We always used to go this time of year to avoid it being crowded, and we haven't had an issue with cold water:) Looking forward to it:)

      Delete
  7. Dad doesn't care too much for the water either. :) We go to OOB in the fall for the same reason, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How long do you stay for when you go? We decided to go for two weeks since we have to drive for six days just to get there and back. We wanted to make the drive worth it:)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful photos such cute little puppies :) .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Bits of Simplicity:) Please feel free to leave a comment... I am always delighted to hear from anyone! Only please keep "your speech with grace." Thank you again for visiting!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡