Thursday, January 23, 2014

| north country. |











The squirrel was spared, out of his mercy. Only air was shot at.




In spite of the unfriendly temperatures warning all inhabitants of the Northwoods to hunker down beside their wood stoves (and believe me, everyone around here has one) we found a few minutes a few weekends ago to squeeze in a hike in the farm fields out back. Of course, when you are hiking with boys, the Daisies must be toted along (just in case)
While we explored the frozen world a squall very typical for this season of the year blew in, making for some icy hiking conditions (and shooting conditions too) but lending a fresh fluffy look to all those gray bare maples and conifers.


There's something so raw and abandoned looking about a corn field in winter. So different from how it looks during July or August, but still very beautiful. 
   


"For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may bring seed to the sower, and bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return to me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
         ~Isaiah 55:10-11






Blessings,
     






8 comments:

  1. I loved seeing the pictures Hannah. I am so happy that you updated today.:) Have a good day.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to avoid misunderstanding a squall is a sudden burst of wind. A snow squall is a heavy snow shower that produces strong gusty winds at the surface and possibly thunder and lightning. Otherwise good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt that gun would have even killed a squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HUMPH!! I despise barren looking fields

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Matthew! You're really on a roll with the criticisms. My turn to criticize - that gun will kill a squirrel if you know how to use it. I'd rather let the squirrel live though. :)
    Hannah, I have to agree with Salinn about the pictures. I really enjoy looking at them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Hannah, for this post. The photos and writing are gorgeous as usual! I was praying for you this morning, and continue to. love Mrs V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mrs. V! We were so sorry to miss the fellowship time on Sunday. :( Lord willing, though,we hope to see everyone this Sunday and hear how it went.:)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting Bits of Simplicity:) Please feel free to leave a comment... I am always delighted to hear from anyone! Only please keep "your speech with grace." Thank you again for visiting!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡