Wednesday, August 27, 2014

| recently. |







My theme verse these days...


Given that this is kind of a summary of all the goodbyes I have been doing the past few days, I am extremely tempted to make it short and sweet, but since I may or may not have the time to compose many posts in the very near future, I'll try to say a few really nice things, about how much I am going to miss my dear parents and my five siblings, about how I am feeling quite unsure of  how to think of coping with my canine bed partner, (she's unbelievably sweet, for anyone who happens to be gagging at the thought of a dog in a bed) and how it feels not a little terrifying to imagine moving from the second-to-least populated state in the country to the second-to-most populated state in the country, not to mention flying alone by myself for the first time, and~ okay, I'm going to stop. Lest my already chilly feet drop several more degrees.
 
Okay, it's not that bad... I hope.:) My brain has begged a vacation from overuse (or taken one without asking, I'm not sure which) so I apologize beforehand for the quality in sentence structure and general clarity, or lack thereof.
Last July I had a sweet friend from Texas email me and ask me if I would consider moving down there for the next nine months and help her teach in her church's small school. After much praying, talking everything over with my parents, and getting more familiar with the situation, I agreed to come.
 
So my brain is still grappling to process these thoughts, so please give it grace! :) Lord willing, I'm going to be flying out this upcoming Saturday, and we'll be starting school Tuesday, the day after Labor day. The fact that a mere homeschooled teen like me is going to be teaching actual classes ( 2nd and 3rd grades) in a real school is exciting and terrifying at the same time, so I'm praying that the Lord will overcome every obstacle for me (most especially my own fear) and make all of the crooked paths straight for me. Which He has proven He has an amazing ability to do... if not obstructed through my own stubborn lack of faith.

An amazing family whom we have become very close with over the years hosted a goodbye picnic for me last weekend. To write that saying goodbye to some of my dearest friends was difficult would be the understatement of the year, but God has really given my composure strength it normally couldn't boast in any situation. We had a blast playing volleyball and chatting, which helped to dilute the bitterness of actually saying goodbye to some of the people I love the most.
I haven't said the hardest goodbye yet, which will be at the airport this upcoming Saturday morning when my family drops me off, but I should admit it right now~ I'm going to miss them like crazy. :( I never knew how much I loved my crazy brothers (who likely learned their craziness from me) until I took into consideration that I wasn't going to see them again for three months, then again for six months. And my baby sister, and my parents... I love you all sooooooooo much!
I was doing some swimming and canoeing with two of my brothers this afternoon and it was like, I'm actually leaving these guys?
But my family feels complete peace about my going, and so should I, if I wasn't such a . . . okay, I'll say it.
Wimp.
But... I'm excited, too.
Some of the pictures from Saturday night.
















My brother in his characteristic volleyball pose~ the champion, or so he'd like to appear. Okay, Matt~ I have to tease you a little. I won't get to do it after this weekend for a while. :(







I'm going to miss you girls. . .




This one was a week ago Sunday.




Given that I have other things that beg for my time more than the internet, I'm going to say goodnight.:)
I'll try to post in the future, provided I have time.:)

God Bless,





11 comments:

  1. Wow, what an opportunity!! I will be praying for you! I'm sure you will have a great time, and that the LORD will use you in mighty ways! He will give you strength and courage to do His will. =)

    You will be in my thoughts and prayers;

    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to miss you Hannah! Already do in fact. Praying for you ! May God bless you. We will be looking forward to seeing you in December Lord willing and hearing all about your teaching. You will do great! I too taught in a tiny Christian school before I had my own children. :) I honestly have fond memories of it all.I had to stop teaching when pregnant for Salinn and my all day sickness took over. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll miss you so much Hannah!!!! I'm so glad that we are friends. I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll miss you too! Sooo much.:( That's one of the hard parts. And thank you so much for your prayers.

      Delete
  4. Hi Hannah,
    Thank you for sharing your plans! I will be praying for you as you take this big step! Keep God first and you won't be as lonely :-). Will you have a postal and/or email address down there? You can email me with it if you would prefer. Thanks!
    Love, Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement.:) I'll still have my regular email address down there. Do you still have it? I'm not sure if I have yours but I would love to get it.:)
      Love,
      Hannah

      Delete
  5. Hannah,

    May the LORD bless and guide you in this new adventure! I hope you have a safe trip!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet post Hannah, I am going to miss you soooooo much but will think often of you as I already do and pray for you!! So thankful for the friendship we share!!! May the Lord fully bless you in every way as you seek to follow His will for your life. Your loving friend~Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on this amazing opportunity! How exciting that God has brought such an exciting privilege your way! I hope you have a wonderful experience and that you have a safe and enjoyable time there.... or should I say "here", since you are visiting my state. I wonder how far away you are :)

    I would, by nature, find it scary to be away from my family too, but you strike me as someone who is very strong and to have God by your side will keep you stronger. I know He will bless you and be with you, and how blessed the children are to have a you as their teacher.

    God bless you!
    Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
    ~Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jazzmin! Wow, I'm excited to be living in your state now! I am in east Texas. ;)Not quite to the piney woods, but close. :)

      Delete
  8. Praying for you Hannah! We hope you had a wonderful first day of teaching today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Bits of Simplicity:) Please feel free to leave a comment... I am always delighted to hear from anyone! Only please keep "your speech with grace." Thank you again for visiting!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡