Friday, November 23, 2012

| happy thanksgiving. |

 
 
 
 


 
 
Hoping you had an awesome holiday, everyone who might stop by and read this.:)
 
We had a nice, relaxed week. Dad took the week off from work ( he had Friday and Thursday off anyway) so we spent a lot of time together as a family, saw some friends the other night we hadn't seen in a while, and butchered our poor cow. That was awful, so I can't tell you much about it. Not butchering so much, but ... let's put it this way~ we are still in doubt as to whether we will kill and slaughter our own steer again.
 And I have to apologize for the consistent lack of posts.:(  I'm not that great at keeping up a blog, and I'm afraid I don't write the most interesting posts. But thanks to anyone who takes the time to read these disconnected ramblings, (and especially to the sweet folks who comment~ you always make me smile) :)
 
 
So what are we thankful for today? I've got to confess I take way too much for granted. The other day I was looking at some old issues of the Voice of the Martyrs and wondering what some of those people would think about the freedom we've got as Christians to worship the Lord without being afraid that some officer will come and burn their Bible or haul them off to jail for confessing the name of Christ. It made me wonder how many times I've actually thanked God for giving us Americans that freedom. I'm afraid not that many.
The other day Mama and I were in the store picking up some cooking supplies we were running short on and we were talking about how the people a hundred years ago would have been shocked to see how easy it is for us to buy whatever we want~ or the people in third world countries, for that matter, today. Unfortunately, I find it so easy to have a careless perspective and take things for granted~ too easy in America. :(
I always thought a nice idea for keeping things in perspective would be to hang a chalkboard in your room in front of your bed and every night write whatever happened that day that you were thankful for. I never did it, but I think it's a nice idea.
So just a few thoughts to chew on. But hope you all had an extra special day.:) And it's not wrong to enjoy blessings, either. Sometimes I feel a little guilty because I've got so much, and there are so many girls who don't enjoy the blessings I do. But I do think that God wants us to enjoy the blessings He's given us to the fullest.:)
What are you thankful for?
 
 
"For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. For which cause we faint not, for though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day."
2 Corinthians 4: 15 ~16
 
                                        
 Blessings,
Photobucket
 
 
All photo credits to Pinterest. I didn't have time to take much photography today.:)
 
"

25 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Hannah! (Thanks for the comment you left on my blog :D) We did have a wonderful day. Most of all, I am thankful for my salvation. But I must agree with you...we have so many blessings that it feels overwhelming just to start trying to count them! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather.:) So glad you all had a nice day, and I agree that it gets overwhelming to try to count all the blessing we have.:)

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! We have soooooo much to be thankful for. We missed our Thanksgiving wall this year :(.

    Are you able to upload pictures? The R's can't, we can't and several others can't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am able to, but a couple weeks ago when I was trying to upload some, it wouldn't let me.:( Sometimes if you do a post through this link~ http://www.blogger.com/blog-this.g it works.
      Hoping you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I tried but it did not work :(. Others are having the same problem too.

      Delete
    3. I am so sorry.I didn't mean to give you a false hope. :(
      Hoping you find something that works.:)

      Delete
    4. I had the same issue, and I know you don't like the "delete" button, Mrs. A, but once I deleted pictures from my Picasa Web Album, it allowed me to upload yesterday. You could start a new blog too...I thought about doing that, but since I don't have plans to print my blog, I figured it wouldn't hurt to delete a few posts:( I hope your problem is fixed soon! Miss hearing from you:)

      Delete
  3. Great blog, Hannah. Wonderful post ~ there's so much we take for granted. I agree with each one you posted, but the one that gets me the most is that we can freely, without any fear of real persecution, worship the Lord, attend Church, read His Word. Just think of all those who died for the faith! We are truly blessed. All the more reason to share our faith with others...we don't have to fear true persecultion like all the maryrs. And what speaks to my heart Soooo much is, they may have somewhat feared it, but it certainly didn't stop them!

    I'm thankful for God's Word. Perfect truth!
    Great post, Hannah. Ill be back often :) glad o found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole:) I am very thankful for God's Word too, and it definitely speaks to my heart, too, that people who live or lived in countries where there is persecution weren't afraid to spread the gospel, even when it cost them their lives.
      Thank you for the sweet comment.:) I saw your blog too, and it was a pleasure to visit!

      Delete
  4. Hannah,
    We are always so happy when you post. :)Your thoughts are always fun to read and we enjoy them soooo much.
    Please tell your Mom thank you for the sweet note I received today. I sure appreciated it. It was so nice to hear from her. Glad you all have been able to enjoy some family time too. That is always an added blessing! The thoughts that you and your mom shared while shopping often cross our minds too. What would some of those folks think if they could only see how easy we have it. To think that it is so easy to complain too if we cannot feed our appetite what it desires. Thanks again for your thoughts. Miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mrs. R,
      Thank you so much for the encouragement~ so sweet to read.:) Mom says hi and that we are praying for you all. Hoping you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.:)

      Delete
  5. My first visit to your beautiful blog! I, too, am thankful for so many things - especially my Saviour Jesus Christ. This year my fourth granddaughter was born the Monday before Thanksgiving. Having one of my four granddaughters adopted from Ethiopia also makes us doubly aware of the simple blessings that many people lack. I, too, follow Voice of the Martyrs and pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ. For many years I have kept a "Blessing Book" where (for the most part) each night I write something that blessed me that day. Now, as I go back through those books, I praise God for his tender mercies which truly are new each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen,
      Thank you for the sweet comment~ and I love the idea of Blessing Books, that sounds like such a creative way to keep reminding ourselves to be thankful.

      Delete
  6. Happy (belated) Thanksgiving! Currently, I'm thankful to be earning some money for a pickup truck while in NY. :D I am also very thankful for my family who I'm sure misses me right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you all had a nice day, too. Have you seen any old Chevys you like lately? :)

      Delete
    2. Yup! :D I found one I love in TN and I found one I liked for $900 right local. However, judging by the pictures at least, it was ready to fall in half.

      Delete
    3. I might have to be paid that much to drive it.

      Delete
    4. I might have to be paid that much to drive it.

      Delete
  7. I have been missing your posts Hannah. Hope you are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I second Mrs. R:) I've been thinking of you a lot lately and wondering if everything is ok! Miss hearing from you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you for thinking of me! I guess I've just been really busy lately... seems like it's that time of year.:) Hope you guys are all doing well, too.:)

      Delete
    2. I totally understand the "busy" thing:) It's been that way here too...constantly doing something. But sometimes that's actually a joy! Yes, we're doing well...have a blessed day!

      Delete
    3. I'm really missing the posts too! How are y'all doing?

      Delete
  9. I wish we celebrated thanksgiving in my country. I think its such a nice thing. love your blog banner how did you make it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Bits of Simplicity:) Please feel free to leave a comment... I am always delighted to hear from anyone! Only please keep "your speech with grace." Thank you again for visiting!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡