Thursday, January 17, 2013

| below zero. |



This post doesn't really have anything to do with the fact that it is ten or eleven degrees below zero, but is more a quick update since my last one was just recipes and in the words of my brother who happens to be standing over me examining my every word, "extremely boring." Funny since just ten minutes ago he was watching a cooking video with my sister? I had pics I had wanted to do for a while, but up until this point I have been too busy to waste more time on the Web. :) 
I guess the reason that I have had a little more free time this week is because two days after I wrote the last post I woke up with acute appendicitis, which, in a few quick words, ended up with an ER visit later in the day, my first surgery, and my first night in a hospital. It wasn't the funnest experience in the world, but it was interesting, and my mama's praying, a nice surgeon, and a lot of Ibuprofen got me back to normal pretty fast. And of course the Lord's mercy was the real healing factor, for which I am very grateful.:)
 Anyway, here are some pics of the kids enjoying the snow. Winter lighting seems really good for photo shoots (though I am still an amateur in the area of photography) I mixed some other ones in too. Everyone has been really enjoying the snow.:) 







 



Here we were racing. The outcome~ two of the grand athletes crashed into a snowbank. The other two crashed into each other.



Zach is always the "cruiser" when it comes to skating. 



 Our big brother ready to send the little kids cruising down the hill between the barn and the house. Pardon the pink gloves that aren't actually his.



You know it's really cold when the shadows are blue like this.



This one is blurry since I took it from the window and a long distance, but I thought my dog looked so cute here with her rustic toy. (She follows family traditions~ my little brothers' favorite toys are also sticks. A.k.a. toy guns)

I think that's all for tonight! Good night, everybody, and stay warm.:)

20 comments:

  1. Picture this spectacular race!Four extremely talented skaters line up,their eyes fixed on the finish line.BANG!! The starter gun! Moving like greased lightning two favorites emerge! The crowds cheer wildly! Crash, there go your favorites! The next best skater spins into a snow bank. Finally,grrr who just learned how to skate waddles past the dazed pros and wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am now going to reply to myself.This comment is not accurate.

      Delete
  2. My dear brother, you'd better go into the movie making business. You are a pro at dramatizing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hannah!! An appendicitis.....with surgery!!! We praise the Lord you breezed through it all so seemingly easily! But we are SOOO sorry we didn't know to be praying for you or to even write you a note! I'm sure your Mama was praying - please give her my love!

    Thank you for keeping up your post - we do miss you all and certainly love seeing your photography! And we all hope you had a very happy Christmas!
    ~ Mrs. Sikora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. Sikora for your sweet concern.:) I'm doing pretty good, thankfully, and Mom sends her love your way too. Hoping you all are keeping warm and well!

      P.S. There's a really nice rink at the rec field in our town that we go to. I think the fire department makes it.:)

      Delete
  4. PS. Where do you skate? It looks like a great place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hannah,
    That's too bad that you had to have surgery. I'm glad that you are feeling better though. That was not fun I'm sure. Wish I knew I would have sent you a card. I loved seeing all of the pictures. That one of Joy Joy is adorable. You should enter it in the fair.:) Ice skating looks like fun.:)We still haven't gone yet this year.:( Have a good week.:)~Salinn
    Oh and that picture of your dog is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your recovering well! I was your age when I had appendicitis too. It was the hand of the Lord that had me home and not away at school (where I would have been if my sister had not gone to the hospital and my Uncle and little brother needed me home) when it happened. Hope you get lots of rest and heal up quickly!
    Matt's rendition of skating was pretty funny :).
    Grace made you recipe last night (with some help from Hannah and I) we changed it a little for our families tastes :) but almost all said it was a "keeper".
    Stay warm :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hannah, I had an appendicitis when I was 16 and in the hospital for 5 days. Sounds like you are doing well. We've been praying for your dad while he was away and for your family at home but never thought you'd be experiencing such a trial. Have you been skating since the surgery? I don't think I could stand up straight for a week. Must be my weak constitution!!! God bless you and enjoy the winter. Hope you can come for a visit soon.
    Love, Mrs. Moore

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hannah,

    So sorry to hear about your appendicitis:( I pray that you are feeling back to normal:) Ice skating looks like fun, though I've never tried it. I would love to at some point! I had to laugh when I read your brother's "story"...LOL!

    Hope you have a blessed night!

    Love,
    Heather
    Is. 6:8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you everyone for the sweet comments.:) Mrs. Moore, I haven't been skating since I had the surgery (last Saturday) but I was thinking of going today. And we would love to come for a visit soon, Lord willing.:)
      Thanks Salinn for your comment about the picture. I'm not sure it's that good but I was thinking of entering a photo in the fair this year, so maybe that one will be an idea.:)

      Delete
  9. Yikes! Appendicitis sounds bad. I hope you feel all right soon! The skating looks like a blast! :D Did the boys end up building a rink in the goat pasture? Hope y'all are enjoying the winter months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tried, but it turned out a little bumpy.:/ The boys tried it again yesterday and said that this recent thaw and refreeze we've been having really helped it.
      :)

      Delete
  10. Hello Hannah!
    Ugh! So sorry about your appendicitis!
    Your blog is very encouraging and we enjoy reading it!
    Where do you live? If you can say? We got hardly any snow! (We live in Arkansas).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Hannah,
    I was so sorry to hear about your appendicitis.
    I hope you are feeling better now. I was just telling Mr R that I think you keep a beautiful blog. Your pictures always make me smile. :)Thanks for sharing them with us. Love, Mrs R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am completely back to normal now.:) Thank you for your sweet comment Mrs. R.:) Mom and I very much enjoy your blog as well.

      Delete
  12. I think we are ready for a new post. I have some ideas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hannah,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment, so I could visit your lovely blog. I just became a follower.
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos are beautiful! I love your little dog! She is so cute! And I am glad to hear that your appendicitis was caught in time. That is a terrible thing to go through. But God is good and He preserved your life. :)

    Keep living for Him. Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are such wonderful pictures! Praise the Lord. Blessings to you, Hannah! P.S.the photo of Joy Joy with the light hitting her face...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Bits of Simplicity:) Please feel free to leave a comment... I am always delighted to hear from anyone! Only please keep "your speech with grace." Thank you again for visiting!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡