Tuesday, May 6, 2014

| these honeyed moments. |






God has poured so much milk and honey into my life that I hardly know where to begin scooping it up.

Just a few drops of it . . .



*the softened leather of well-worn cowboy boots


  *scribbling (ah, typing, oops) my daydreams into my laptop while the smell of rain floats through my bedroom window.

*going away for the weekend with awesome friends.

*playing a new song on my guitar


*the freckled noses, muddy boots, and infectious giggles of little boys. I hope my first baby is a little boy. I was thinking the other day—I think I'm going to jump in puddles with him. A few, anyway.
I’m virtually grown, yet each and every time I pass a puddle, the thing screams at me to dip my foot in it. 

Just to check how deep it is, ya know.Ten years ago, I would have dipped the whole of myself, not just the tip of my boot. Poor Mama.

*a brown-sugar coffee cake cappuccino. Keeping each sip miniature so that it will last longer.


*curling up with Growing Up Duggar on a raw afternoon.


*recording an album with friends.


*feeding a new baby calf with a bottle. Feeling the helpless youngster slap your knees with his fuzzy head and dribble warm milk into the hay. Realizing that he considers you his mama for the moment.


*my mama’s priceless hugs and boosting comments.



*the bracing smell of wood smoke.



*church potlucks



*seeing and hearing a baby laugh. And sleep. And lift her arms to be cuddled.
Beyond precious.



*feeling the love of my Savior on a day when I need it the most. Just the fact that He loves me when I fail Him so much is enough to make me want to fall at His feet. Truly, we love because He first loved us.






A portrait session with my sister a few weeks ago.







Um, not certain what thoughts sulked behind those eyes. Probably something akin to, “When is this gonna be done?”



 I love these guys!



What is putting a smile on your face today?



Blessings,

18 comments:

  1. Ohhh I've always wanted to have a recording session. I love playing my guitar and dulcimer. I'm guessing you play country?

    Ajax
    arkansaschestertonian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can play it, but I like a more folk/ finger style better.

      Delete
    2. Like Pete Seeger and Peter, Paul, and Mary? I like them. And Woody Guthrie, he's very good.

      Delete
  2. Amen, Hannah! Thank you so much for sharing :) There is always something to be thankful for, and so often we take little things for granted. Oh that we would stop and take more time to thank God for all the blessings He has poured out on us! There are so many things that I am thankful for too... Too many to count :) But, right at this very moment, I am very thankful to hear the birds singing through my open window and to feel the gentle, warm breeze that is here today, especially considering spring is still struggling to show up. I am taking it one warmer day at a time :) But most of all - I am soooo thankful for my salvation! I will never forget the day that Christ reached down and rescued a sinner like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a lovely way of writing Hannah.:) I always enjoy your post so much.
    Those pictures that you took are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Salinn! I've enjoyed your pictures lately as well. They are so cute and the kids do great at posing for you.:)

      Delete
  4. Playing "God is so Good" on the piano. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love # 5, 13, and 14…
    There are so many little things in life that make me smile :-)
    One of them would be reading your blog post this evening and smiling, because there will forever be that never-ending and ever-growing list of things to be grateful for… even the tiniest most-seemingly-insignificant things that we overlook everyday.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those would definitely be my favorites as well, Sarah! Children are so precious and one of the most priceless blessings in life.:) And if I tried to make a list of all the little and seldom-noticed things I enjoy every day, it would be impossible to stop.:)

      Delete
  6. Sweet post, Hannah! (Pun intended . . . :)
    Two things that made me smile recently - my youngest sister asking me to color a picture with her and our puppy cocking his head just so and looking up at me with his cute brown eyes.
    God is so good to give us what we often consider "little" blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the beautiful weather put a smile on my face today! :) I pretty much always love the weather even if it is what would ordinarily be considered bad (unless I have to be outside that day).
    When you finish recording the album, will it be for sale online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not positive on the details yet, especially as we have several more tracks to do, the mixing, the jacket, and all that.:)
      We'll probably just give it to friends, but the Moores might put it on their website... I'm not sure.
      But, since you are a friend of both of our families, you may have a copy of it for free if you want one.:)

      Delete
  8. I'll add books and flowers to that list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awarded you at my blog. blooming-maiden.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! That is sweet of you Chloe.:) I'll do a post on it soon!

      ~Hannah♥

      Delete
  10. Your blog is beautiful, Hannah! And what a lovely post:-)

    Love,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished Growing Up Duggar and I loved every minute of it, and that first picture is stunning!
    xoxo,
    Brooke

    Pineapples & Daisies

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Bits of Simplicity:) Please feel free to leave a comment... I am always delighted to hear from anyone! Only please keep "your speech with grace." Thank you again for visiting!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡