Monday, September 7, 2015

| in which we successfully demolished a bucket of sprinkles. |















 

*      *      *


And in two little girls' eight-year-old imaginations, I tend to doubt that a Sunday afternoon could be better spent than creating and consuming sugar and calories in their most colorful form.

It almost makes me lonely for the eight-year-old I used to be, the girl with a tousled ponytail dangling into the frosting bowl, mouth liberally plastered with rainbow confetti and a spoon in both hands.

Yup, that was me. Back when diets were just a word without a definition.

But pretending for an afternoon with these two munchkins didn't hurt my feelings any.

Sprinkles are awesome.

Especially when they turn little girls' tongues rainbow.

Especially when we all start laughing about our rainbow tongues til our sides throb.

When it's time to break out the vacuum and erase the rainbows on your mom's kitchen tiles, not so much.

Advice for the depressed at heart: Create crazy sprinkle messes with two kids and try to gauge the speed at which they consume it. It's a remedy that works every time.

 Blessings,







8 comments:

  1. Glad so see you posted again.:) Those are very colorful cookies! Must have been tasty!:)
    We'll have to do lots of baking when you come to visit.:) Can you believe it's less then a month till you come? So excited about seeing you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
    Have a blessed day friend!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you must have had! :) It looked like a good time was had by all. Sweet! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. R and Salinn! I'm looking forward to seeing y'all too! ♡

      Delete
  3. Being behind the times,I just noticed this post. This would probably be a result of a lack of notification from you.While the subject of cookies was a pleasant one,the sight of Miss monster ,better known as Hannahs dog Rosie,depressed me to the point that I concluded the post a fail
    ~ Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good afternoon!

    Just wanted to drop in and let you know that you have been tagged for the "Awesome Food Award" here at my blog: http://bloggingcryslyn.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-awesome-food-award.html

    Warmest blessings on your day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it about time for an update?;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness! I guess I haven't been on in a while :) I just saw this now! Priceless memories! And I love the T-shirt <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a special time!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting Bits of Simplicity:) Please feel free to leave a comment... I am always delighted to hear from anyone! Only please keep "your speech with grace." Thank you again for visiting!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡