Sunday, August 16, 2015

| these are my people. |















Organizing the disorganized files on the family computer's overcrowded hard drive involved the discovery of family shots covering the past year. The cliche that repeatedly wormed its way into my mind as I examined each one happened to be, "My family tree is full of nuts."
However, I've been told that nuts can be a very enjoyable variety of food sometimes, so maybe the comparison isn't so negative, actually.
During the course of texting my bestie tonight, I was casually informed by her that much change could possibly occur in the following year. I doubt if it could involve more change than the previous one did; two moves across the country, two job changes, two church changes, and on the list drags its tired feet.
But whatever those unpredictable switches happened to be, and whenever they happened to occur, and whatever my teenage-female, overly-emotional, deprived-of-sleep reaction happened to involve, these people never decided that my back wasn't worth watching. They never forgot to text me good morning. They never stopped reminding me not to eat too much sugar. The last probably being the most necessary and the most legit. Some of them ditched the reminder and plunged into the overindulging with me. Ah. There's nothing quite like a partner in crime.
I love these people. I'm addicted to their insanity, which happens to reflect my own more often than my "mature" self would enjoy confessing. Even when they'd probably relish punching me in the face, they still love me.

                              And I always did consider nuts on the awesome side.


                                                        Blessings,










9 comments:

  1. So glad you posted again!!!!!;) I always enjoy your beautiful blog post. That picture where you are wearing the white shirt so does not look like you!;)
    I could write a very long comment or I could get the living room cleaned and just text you tonight. I think I'll go with the latter.;) ~Your Twin;)~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Twin.:) I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or a criticism?

      Delete
  2. Nuts? Partners in crimes? Insanity? Overly emotional? Punches in the face?
    We must be horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look like friendly nuts, at least!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in response to your comments, Matt, we are a collection of friendly nuts.:)

      Delete
  4. I loved seeing those precious faces Hannah. I miss your mom. Seeing your pictures made me smile. The picture of you and Joy Joy was sooooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss y'all too Mrs. R!!! I am very much looking forward to seeing you in October.:)

      Delete
  5. Hi Hannah, Love posts like this with lots of pictures:)! Thanks for updating again! I miss you so much!!!!!!! And I'm looking forward to October ;)! Hope you're doing well. Sorry I never did call you again:(. I have been so busy! I'm sure you understand though :)! It's an exciting time :)! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely understand... praying for you and your family during this time of busyness and adjustments sweet friend! I'm doing well~ what about you?

      Delete

Thank you for visiting Bits of Simplicity:) Please feel free to leave a comment... I am always delighted to hear from anyone! Only please keep "your speech with grace." Thank you again for visiting!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡