Friday, August 3, 2012

| first week of august. |

August!!! The last month of summer... : ( I'm trying to enjoy this sweet time of leisurely summer as once we get into the middle of September, which is a hectic month for us in its own right, (family vacation, four birthdays, school starts, getting the garden and apples in, exct.) I'm going to start my senior year. Yikes! No, just joking, it's not that bad. But I am not good in math and you seniors know 12th grade math is tough. My mathematician dad is gearing up. =) He'll be my patient teacher.
But then this June....graduation! It sounds so nice! And then. . . I don't know. We'll see where the Lord leads.
 Back to the present.  .   . Dad is away this weekend, so we are making do without him. To be more specific, he is in Minnesota with my grandparents and his younger brother visiting our Grandpa H who has not been doing so well lately. He flew out early this morning, and should be back late Monday night. So if you think about it please pray that he would have safe travels back Monday night.
These pictures are from the past two weeks. If you do not like rambly photography then this post is not for you. Sorry! I'll do better next time. ;)
 
   Swiftly developing 2012 vegetable garden. Canning season is coming! I'll be busy in the kitchen then. ;)
    
   

Beautiful Belted Galloways in the pasture next to ours. We call them the 'Oreo Cookie' cows.

This poor lonely guy wishes he could go hang out with them. You have to admit, he's cute! He was kinda posing here. But I am partial to cows. Especially this friendly boy.

Whenever I come down to the cow pasture he gallops over to the apple tree and waits. =) He knows what's coming! I love feeding him apples. He's so cute, neatly taking them off my hand one at a time and lowing if I don't go get him more fast enough.



Late summer beauties.




My old tree fort I built when I was thirteen. My carpentry skills weren't (and still aren't) very good. I had built one about twenty-five feet up in the tree that had to be taken down by Dad after being disapproved by the FBMA. (Federal Bureau of Mom's Approval) Poor Mama was glad when I gave up fortbuilding in trees.




Summer in the country!

For some reason I was taking shots of flags too.




On July 27th Kammy had her fourth litter of puppies. Five this time. Three girls and two boys. All of them seem to be doing well.

 


Yummy blackberries turning ripe!

 A "relatively large" pile of kale waiting to be blanched on Friday. No, this wasn't all of it.


A beautiful farm we drove past this evening. We went out for ice cream, a fun family thing to do.
Although, one we don't do very often. =)

Do you think they're having fun? I do.



Being a little girl again. =)

 Last week we went to a surprise anniversary party for friends of ours that their children put on for them. It was really a neat time and the kids did a wonderful job of surprising their parents and setting everything up. It was their 30th anniversary. It was also really nice for us too as it was an opportunity to see a lot of friends from the other side of the state that we don't see so often any more.
 Mr. and Mrs M and Brian


 Sweet little girls =)

The "courtin' couple" and family

The hay feild behind the house.

Well, I think I've given you a little (or big!) update on everything that's happened lately. =) It's getting really late here and I am getting tired, and everyone else is watching an interesting movie, so I think I will go join them.

This dog has an attitude of entitlement. Every night when I go to bed I find him looking like this~ and yes, that's my pillow! I'm sure he's there right now. He usually waits till I actually have gone to bed and then comes and jumps up and sleeps next to me. (welcome to the life of Hannah) Well, good night everyone, have a wonderful weekend, and remember to keep rejoicing in the Lord!

~Hannah~

"O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.
Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy, yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, oh LORD my God.
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God."

~Psalm 43: 3~5




        

11 comments:

  1. The cow is huge. He is probably 950-1000 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that a suggestion to stay away from him?

      Delete
  2. Hi dear princess,
    We are sitting in dad's hospital room enjoying your blog. I can't wait to see you all again.
    Dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear sweet Dad!!! Your comment is my favorite!!!!!!!!!!!
      love and miss you!

      Delete
  3. Great post, Hannah! I enjoyed reading it. Senior year, I can't believe it! What math are you taking? Precalc? I would have enjoyed to do that, but I am doing only things that are going to benefit me in getting a job, so I am doing Business Math this year with Mom and Joe. And Auto Fundamentals for science. (Not for a job, but so I can fix my truck) :D I love all the country pictures! It looks like you had a great time at the anniversary celebration too! I saw Mr and Mrs Mc, Steven, Charity, Mark, Hannah, and Ruth just yesterday at our yard sale. We had a good visit. Does your family do any haying? I like the oreo cookie cows! They're ... cute. :D As a side note, I added your blog button to mine. In the HTML code, you type journalpagesfrom but you forgot home, so the link doesn't work. I fixed the problem on my blog, but it's not on here. Sorry for such a long comment, and have a great day! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Nice to hear from you again. I just fixed the button (I think) I made it in a rush this morning before making bread. Matthew is doing precalc and trig but (I'm a little embarassed) just Algebra 1. I did it in my sophmore year and flunked, so I'm doing it again this year. Last year I did consumer math and really liked it. What year are you in? Oh, and did you get a truck? Congratulations if you did, and have a great day, too!

      Delete
    2. I LOVE Algebra! I am in my senior year as well. Looking forward to finishing school! :D No, I didn't get my truck yet (that statement was in anticipation :) )

      Delete
  4. Hi Hannah,
    I liked seeing all your pictures. I will try and get your blog button on. Don't be embarrassed about the math, my mom said to tell you that she flunked algebra her first time too and STILL does not get it......so depending what you plan to do with your future you could still be fine. :)Though my Dad tells her she MIGHT need it someday???? I have not done algebra yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Salinn! Was great to hear from you again! I have never been very good in math~ my best subject is physical ed. No, that's not quite true (though it's one of my best!) Probably my favorite subject is history or reading. But I'd like to do what your mom does, ;) so I should be fine. ;)(Hopefully)

      Delete
  5. FBMA :)... I just loved that! I love long rambley posts too :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful week, I loved this post everything so green and thriving in life, the cattle photos are awesome they do look like Oreo cookies :). I love your dress and all of the ones you wear in your blog, they are so cute and feminine (the patterns and colors are very neat).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Bits of Simplicity:) Please feel free to leave a comment... I am always delighted to hear from anyone! Only please keep "your speech with grace." Thank you again for visiting!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡