Sunday, September 16, 2012

| precious memories. |














Sweet family memories are some of the most precious things an ambitious teenager can cultivate. :) We teenagers sure can get antsy about the future, and thinking about starting our lives. I know the feeling, and I'm learning from my mistakes, too. But lately I've been realizing, we teens don't often realize how precious these years are, living and serving our family. We'll never have them again, and the opportunity to be a blessing to the first people God ever placed in our lives (our family, hope that came out right) is an opportunity we only get once. And while it often feels more like a cross than a blessing~like when little sister brings a cup of cheerios into the bedroom you share with her and spills them on the carpet you just vaccumed, then, feeling sorry, runs to find the vaccuum and gets distracted with the puppies along the way, or when your brother teases you about that hairstyle you're trying so hard to master ~again! (these are weird examples, I know, but at least they're true to life!) and you lose your patience again, but these little quirks are actually blessings, teaching you patience for a later time in your life when you will need it much more, maybe for a boss you have a hard time relating to or a friend that's said something about you that really hurt. My family has seen me lose my patience many times, but they still love me! They are helping me learn to culvitate patience in my life, and someday I have a feeling I am going to look at the pictures on this blog~ maybe when I'm a mom with my own little lassie spilling cheerios on the floor or my own little guy tracking mud on the kitchen floor, and I just might say, "Those were some of the most precious years of my life." Learning patience and being with my loving family and talking to Mama about my crazy thoughts will definitely be one of the most precious memories I will ever have.
 Anyway, the pictures were of a family campfire we had as a family this past weekend. It's struck me lately that God and family are the most important things by far in life. If I always have Jesus (which I know I will, praise God!) and my family, right now my sweet parents and precious siblings, later Lord willing the family I hope He will choose to give me to raise there won't be much else to desire. And family memories like simple things like having a campfire together and roasting marshmallows together or snuggling your baby sister ( and often a stowaway dog) under the covers at night or  singing together are some of the most precious things God has given to me.
 Anyway, sorry for my long and disconnected thoughts, but this has been laying on my heart lately, and I felt like writing it down somewhere. I sure don't have all this together, and I have a patient family to help me learn. :) But hopefully it has blessed somebody.
 Anyway, thanks for visiting again, and have a wonderful evening!
                      ~Hannah~  
  Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post, Hannah! It was just what I needed to hear. There are times that I lose my patience with my four younger siblings, and I am ashamed to say that, knowing that it is wrong. Often when I lose my patience I think "How would I feel if Jesus lost His patience with me like I lose my patience with them?" Everyday, I strive to be more like Christ, but just as our assistant pastor preached at church last night, we are helpless on our own. We need the help of Christ just as much today as the day we got saved! Oh how I desire to be more like Christ! Sorry to make this such a long comment, but I want to thank you for this wonderful reminder. Have a blessed day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope I didn't come across as having it "all together." I'm learning, too. :) I am sure your little siblings very much appreciate a sweet big sister to follow, and I've found that they often remember when we are sweet better than when we are not. Sweetness of little children.:)
      Anyway, thank you so much for the sweet little note and I hope you have a wonderful evening!

      Delete
    2. I didn't at all think you were making it look like you have it "all together". I know none of us are perfect, and I am thankful for God's patience with me. Thank you for your sweet note!

      Delete
  2. Hi Hannah, we always enjoy looking at your pictures - they are so pretty and artistic! We are all looking forward to our upcoming visit and the fun we'll have together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anna and Abigail! We are very much looking forward to your visit too~ that will be so much fun.:)
      Thank you for the sweet comment.:) I've been enjoying your blog so much lately, and I've always thought that the pictures you post are so pretty, too.:)

      Delete
  3. Hi Hannah, Thank you for what you said. It is so true...and I agree, it can be hard at times to have the patience we need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hannah,
    at first I didn't know if I should comment, you know being that guys like me are generally on the side that's doing the teasing...
    I enjoyed reading the post - it was a blessing. My "vacuumed floor" is the kitchen walls I just painted. Guess I should be more patient when someone damages them. ;) I need to remember the precious memories instead. Thanks for the reminder! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry. :(
    I was just talking about mine and Matthew's ways of teasing each other. He likes to pick on me about my hair (and I pick on him, too, so he has to practice patience with me, poor guy.
    Well, have a good night! We ladies tease plenty, and Matthew is a sweet and patient brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing to be sorry about. :D I very much enjoy teasing, though I've been trying to tone it down a bit, since it's not always appreciated. :D

      Delete
  6. Very nicely said Hannah. Your parents are doing a good job rearing their children for the LORD. It is so evident in your sweet life. I really enjoyed your pictures Hannah. We sure miss you all. Please tell everyone we said hello.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs. R!
      It is always so good to hear from you. :) I have lots of godly examples to look up to and lots of good friends to rub shoulders with, and I am grateful to count Salinn as one of them.

      Delete
  7. Hi Hannah,
    I am sorry that I don't comment very often though I do read your post and enjoy them very much:).
    Very good post Hannah.:) Have a great night.
    I miss you, Salinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all right Salinn. :) I don't have time to comment much on other blogs either, though I try to read people's posts and always enjoy them.
      It was fun hearing from you! Have a wonderful day.:)

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope it was a wonderful day filled with sweet memories too :).
    I love your pictures! Are you taking them with a special setting or playing with them after?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.:) Yes, it definitely was a sweet day.
      I love messing with photography.:) Sometimes I use different exposure settings, but mostly I play with them after.

      Delete
  9. Fifteen comments on one post? Its time for a new post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I simply have to respond to this. By complaining about the number of comments, you added to it.
      Please forgive my bluntness.:)

      Delete
    2. At least I dd not divide it by its dividend x4 increased by 8 multiplied by5...............

      Delete
  10. Nobody commented on the fire? This post has 15 comments but not one has anything to do with the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. FIRE!!!!
    Anyone notice the picture of the fire?
    Gotta love fire!
    Campfires, forest fires, house fires - just plain old gasoline fires....
    FIRE!
    P.S.
    Matt, is this better? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who is this?Is this is from Nick, who wanted a FIRE AND EXPLOSIVE DAY? If this is from someone else your comment may be deleted.

      Delete
    2. The ":D" gives the anonymous commenter away instantly.

      Delete
  12. Your rambling thoughts were a blessing Hannah. I love your blog too!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Bits of Simplicity:) Please feel free to leave a comment... I am always delighted to hear from anyone! Only please keep "your speech with grace." Thank you again for visiting!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡