Tuesday, October 9, 2012

| a harvest of memories. |




 
Lately the delightful (and fleeting) fall weather we've been having lately has encouraged us to get out and make memories. I should have named my blog something to do with farming and memories~ because, living on a small scale farm, most of my photography is centered around some kind of farmy backround, and because this blog is centered around my memories that I make every day.:) But I do like my blog title. Because I do use it very much like a journal, as I guess people can see.:)
Lately I've been finding out the delights of vintage graphics, which can make ordinary digital scrapbooking come alive.:) Does anyone else have an interest in that? If you have any tips on that, I'd be delighted to know your secrets.:)
Right now we all have colds.:( Not very pleasant. But the kids still get out very day and enjoy the weather. Oh, and bow season opened on Saturday! Yes, the men in our family were chomping at the bit the night before, sitting around the kitchen table priming up their arrows and discussing which stand was the best situated. They're hunting both deer and bear this year, and Mama has declared that if a bear is shot she wants a bear skin rug. They haven't brought home any trophies yet, but they did see one bear on Saturday. One of the things about living in rugged farm country with lots of forests and ridges mixed in is that you can literally hunt in your back yard.
 
We've been bringing in the harvest too.:)
 

 
I only wish our squash garden did this well.  .  . we got these from a farm that always seems to offer the best produce and they were delicious!
 
And enjoying the gorgeous fall colors, too.:)
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
I think they were playing a game on the barn roof or something.
 
And no, we weren't the ones who painted the fence the patriotical colors...
 
 
The boys were noticing that there is snow on the ski hights already!
And it's only the second week of October...
 
 
 
The creature sitting on the corrall fence is the little's scarecrow. Don't you just love kids' creations? And how mommies love their kids' scarecrow made out of a tarp, old hay, and a much battered cowboy hat a hundred times better than a fine specimin that might be featured in Country magazine, simply because their little girl or boy made it?
 
*Smiles.*
 
 
 
 
Matthew had made a big leaf pile next to the corrall fence, which I think he was hoping to keep, but then the puppy ran down to the barn and dove headfirst into it, Joy Joy jumped in to get her, and then everyone sorta followed suit.:)
 
 
 


That's all for this minute, but hoping you all are having a wonderful fall, and having some wonderful memory making!
 

"I will lift up mine eyes to the hills, from whence cometh my help...My help cometh from the Lord, who hath made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved, behold, He that keepeth thee shall not slumber."

Psalm 121:1~3

 


16 comments:

  1. Love your photography! That's something I've always wanted to learn:) What program do you edit your pictures in? Fall is a beautiful season...but due to being on the road, we missed the changing leaves here. We did get to see the fall colors while on the way home through PA and OH! So beautiful! I'll post more pics when I get a chance:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you're sweet Heather.:) I always love hearing from you :)
      For all the adited photography I put on my blog, I use picmonkey. It's not exactly software, but it's a web site where you don't have to register or anything, you just edit your photos and save them on your computer. I'm not sure if you're heard of Picnic but it's the same thing.
      I imagine the fall colors in Pennsylvania were beautiful! I was in Pennsylvania last November for a Bible school term and the colors were gorgeous>:)
      Anyway, have a wonderful evening! Thanks again for thinking of me.:)

      Delete
  2. uuuuuhhhhh,I do not know if mom would opprove the "game" of climbing to the top (look at the picture) and sliding down.Only zach did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely blog! So glad I found it...

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! So glad you enjoyed it.
      And thank you also for the sweet comment.:)

      Delete
  4. Hi Hannah!
    Sorry I haven't commented so long. :/ I have read everything you have written, though. It was great visitin' with y'all on Sunday! Just like it used to be with the music in between. :D Beautiful pictures! I wondered if you might have been using Picmonkey. ;) Picnik was great- too bad it's gone now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hadn't commented on your blog in a while, either, so don't feel bad.:) Matthew and me have been enjoying your posts, though. We both love humor, and have a good sense of it ourselves.:)
      And it was really fun seeing your family and everyone else on Sunday. You guys are getting good on the instruments!

      Delete
  5. Hi Hannah!

    Just had to comment again when I saw your cute blog background! So sweet! Hope you had a blessed day:)

    Love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! It was so sweet of you to drop by. :)
      I was wondering if the backround hadn't come up before on your computer? I've had it for about a month, but sometimes it acts funny and won't come up right.
      Have a wonderful day!
      Love,Hannah

      Delete
    2. Yesterday was the first time it has shown up. I figured you changed it about a month ago, because every time I bring up your blog, all I see is a solid tan background...like right now:( ...instead of white like it used to be. If I knew how to do screen shots, I'd show you what it looks like. Unfortunately, though, I think I'd need to consult Nick for help on that:D I know Microsoft OneNote will do it, but I'll have to play around with it and see if I can get it to work. Anyhow, I guess that's enough rambling:) No, I've never seen it before, but I really did think it was cute yesterday!

      Delete
    3. No, it hasn't shown up before, but I thought you changed your background a few weeks ago, because instead of a solid white background like it used to be, it shows up tan...like right now:( I wish it would come up every time. Sunday was the first day I saw it, and it hasn't come up again since:( If I knew how to do screen shots in OneNote, I'd take one and send it to you so you know what it looks like.

      Delete
    4. Oh, dear.:( I guess I need to do some more "messing around." I've pulled it up in different browsers before, to see if it looks the same as it does on my browser signed into my account, and it usually does. Unfortunately it seems to have is bad days too. I was thinking of saving it as a file and then uploading it as a backround image istead of adding it as a gadget to the sidebar~hopefully that makes sense.:) Oh, well, I'll try to do something about it.

      Delete
    5. Just press PrtScrn (Print Screen), go into MS Paint or GIMP or any desktop photo manipulation / graphics design software and press Ctrl + V or Paste and save it as a png. ;)

      Delete
    6. Thanks, Nick. It worked! Now if my Windows Vista laptop would PLEASE stop telling me attachment failed when I try to attach to emails. But, oh well, it's been doing that for months. That's what I get for not using a Mac, right? xD (Thanks for your "trivia" question on the smiley face...I like it...xD)

      Delete
  6. Some lovely country side pictures here.
    Yes you should have named your blog something to that effect.
    The best part is that all are enjoying it, and that is what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The puppy was actually frightened by the leaves. It kept trying to run away.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Bits of Simplicity:) Please feel free to leave a comment... I am always delighted to hear from anyone! Only please keep "your speech with grace." Thank you again for visiting!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡