I usually don't waste time and oxygen attempting to hide it~ I have an obsession affinity for anything that has the label p-e-a-c-h stuck somewhere around it. Seriously, who doesn't go nuts for the taste of ripe peaches? Maybe it's just me and my brothers, but honestly, I have my doubts.
Their taste, their color, the state they're famous for . . . might be I have some Georgia blood swirling around somewhere in me that the family tree forgot to mention. (I wish.)
Maybe someday, I'll actually get to live there. *squeals* Or pay The Peach State a visit. At least.
While we're on the subject of bucket lists, I had peaches perched on mine for at least the past six months. Maybe it was a stint of residing in the heart of the South for almost a year. Or maybe it's the snow and rain that have layered our Rockies home the past five weeks. Snow. I mean, come on. What is it now, May or something thereabouts?
So we've been consoling ourselves with plotting a family vacation to Arizona this summer, investing in flip flop collections, and fixin' summer-flavored treats.
This recipe was my favorite of the several we sampled.

* * * *
When I grow up, I want to have my own peach orchard.
Thinking more pragmatically: I want to take my future kids to a Georgia orchard so they can pick to their little hearts' content.
But while we're still enjoying the here and now, I think I will be mixing up these things again this summer. They made my brethren love me.
Blessings to y'all.





Oh my stars!!! These look like they are to die for!! And even though I need to be really good because I have a wedding dress to fit into in 8 1/2 weeks, I can't resist trying these!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's very exciting! I've got fingers crossed for pics sometime!:)
DeleteNow I want Peach bars!!!!:) Thanks for posting again!!!!!!! The pictures are beautiful and you have such a way with words.:) I hope someday you get to go to Georgia. ;)♡~Salinn
ReplyDeleteIf I ever live there someday, you will have to visit me as we have discussed.:)
DeleteYum! I love peaches too! :)
ReplyDeleteThere's some Georgia blood in my family! :D
That's neat. Georgia, Tennessee... anything else Southern?:D
DeleteYes, peaches are my favourite too. :) And those peach custard bars look delicious.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I'm definitely glad I found your blog - you write really well. I'm following now. :)
God bless,
Jessica
Thank you, Jessica!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI guess if I have one favorite food, peaches would definitely win. And the pictures they bring to mind are pretty awesome, too.:)
DeleteMmmm... deliciousness! Now you have me thinking about peach picking again here in just a short while. Gotta love peach orchards way out in the heart of South Carolina country {which would be next best to GA I guess}! Just made peach bars yesterday for the family and we will be eating those today! Ah, yumminess!
ReplyDelete:) It's so nice to hear from you, Sarah! I've been thinking about you lately... how are you doing?
DeleteNothing better than eating a ripe sweet peach and having the juice run down your arm! Delightful!
ReplyDeleteLove your way with words, Hannah.
No, no. no. Not West, EAST!
Miss you all!
Mrs. R
We miss y'all too! How is everyone doing?
Delete(: .אפרסקים הם טעימים! אוהב את הבלוג שלך
ReplyDeleteYou take beautiful pictures Hannah! You make me want a fresh peach. Miss you much!
ReplyDeleteThank you Mrs. R! We miss you all too..... :'( but are looking forward to seeing everyone again in a few weeks!
DeleteI love peaches too! one of my top favorite dessert is southern peach cobbler, such wonderful pictures it all looks so tasty, thank you posting this recipe.
ReplyDeleteI am definitely and seriously considering on making this :) it looks so delicious.
Hope you are having a beautiful day.
Blessings,