Monday, May 18, 2015

| peachey ponderings. |





I usually don't waste time and oxygen attempting to hide it~ I have an obsession  affinity for anything that has the label p-e-a-c-h stuck somewhere around it. Seriously, who doesn't go nuts for the taste of ripe peaches? Maybe it's just me and my brothers, but honestly, I have my doubts.
Their taste, their color, the state they're famous for . . . might be I have some Georgia blood swirling around somewhere in me that the family tree forgot to mention. (I wish.)

Maybe someday, I'll actually get to live there. *squeals* Or pay The Peach State a visit. At least.

While we're on the subject of bucket lists, I had peaches perched on mine for at least the past six months. Maybe it was a stint of residing in the heart of the South for almost a year. Or maybe it's the snow and rain that have layered our Rockies home the past five weeks. Snow. I mean, come on. What is it now, May or something thereabouts?

So we've been consoling ourselves with plotting a family vacation to Arizona this summer, investing in flip flop collections, and fixin' summer-flavored treats.

This recipe was my favorite of the several we sampled.

 





 










                                                                     *       *      *       *

When I grow up, I want to have my own peach orchard.

Thinking more pragmatically: I want to take my future kids to a Georgia orchard so they can pick to their little hearts' content.

But while we're still enjoying the here and now, I think I will be mixing up these things again this summer. They made my brethren love me.

Blessings to y'all.






18 comments:

  1. Oh my stars!!! These look like they are to die for!! And even though I need to be really good because I have a wedding dress to fit into in 8 1/2 weeks, I can't resist trying these!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very exciting! I've got fingers crossed for pics sometime!:)

      Delete
  2. Now I want Peach bars!!!!:) Thanks for posting again!!!!!!! The pictures are beautiful and you have such a way with words.:) I hope someday you get to go to Georgia. ;)♡~Salinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever live there someday, you will have to visit me as we have discussed.:)

      Delete
  3. Yum! I love peaches too! :)
    There's some Georgia blood in my family! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's neat. Georgia, Tennessee... anything else Southern?:D

      Delete
  4. Yes, peaches are my favourite too. :) And those peach custard bars look delicious.
    By the way, I'm definitely glad I found your blog - you write really well. I'm following now. :)
    God bless,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess if I have one favorite food, peaches would definitely win. And the pictures they bring to mind are pretty awesome, too.:)

      Delete
  6. Mmmm... deliciousness! Now you have me thinking about peach picking again here in just a short while. Gotta love peach orchards way out in the heart of South Carolina country {which would be next best to GA I guess}! Just made peach bars yesterday for the family and we will be eating those today! Ah, yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It's so nice to hear from you, Sarah! I've been thinking about you lately... how are you doing?

      Delete
  7. Nothing better than eating a ripe sweet peach and having the juice run down your arm! Delightful!
    Love your way with words, Hannah.
    No, no. no. Not West, EAST!
    Miss you all!
    Mrs. R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss y'all too! How is everyone doing?

      Delete
  8. (: .אפרסקים הם טעימים! אוהב את הבלוג שלך

    ReplyDelete
  9. You take beautiful pictures Hannah! You make me want a fresh peach. Miss you much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. R! We miss you all too..... :'( but are looking forward to seeing everyone again in a few weeks!

      Delete
  10. I love peaches too! one of my top favorite dessert is southern peach cobbler, such wonderful pictures it all looks so tasty, thank you posting this recipe.

    I am definitely and seriously considering on making this :) it looks so delicious.
    Hope you are having a beautiful day.
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Bits of Simplicity:) Please feel free to leave a comment... I am always delighted to hear from anyone! Only please keep "your speech with grace." Thank you again for visiting!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡