Thursday, June 18, 2015

| beyond homeward bound. |




To chronicle the past two weeks would require far too many words for one post, but I’ll take the risks and phrase it this way- it was a colorful combination of crazy and awesome.
After relocating twice during the past ten months, removing myself two thousand, one hundred and ninety miles (not that exact figures are my habit, but whatever) from home, I flew back with my mom and brother to visit some family and friends in the Northeast. To state it kindly, the western portion of the United States is drenched with charisma and personality and all of those animated ingredients that invariably glue a place to a person’s heart, but . . .
How do you say it?
Crawling up the freeway in a ruthless downpour, staring at the first traces of your childhood emerging through the layers of clouds  . . . I think that’s the kind of feeling they write Grammy-winning songs about. Not that I’m particularly educated concerning the Grammy industry, but if anything deserves a song, coming home does.

Except . . .

It wasn’t coming home.

Not for real.

Because we had Delta tickets taking us away only three days down the road. It was short. Short and sweet. Some things are supposed to be that way. Coming home isn’t one of them.

I didn’t take any pictures. Don’t ask me why, because I’ve employed the past three days in wondering the same logical thing. I still have memories. Pictures get faded or wrinkled or deleted, but memories don’t.
The two days we spent in Vermont dissolved like sugar in iced tea. I solidified my relationships with some incredible people, enjoyed some conversations that I’m still repeating in my brain, and remembered what the color green looked like.


But now...

We're back here. And that's where the Father planted me. I can't help but smile at the depiction of a freeway wildflower grappling to jerk free of its roots, demanding of its Creator why He didn't choose to plant it in the Boston Public Garden.

Christ never blazes a trail for His children without a positive purpose in mind.
And as for me, the definition of that purpose might include learning to remember that green isn't the only color in the rainbow.



Blessings,


 


 

4 comments:

  1. Loved your post Hannah! It was so nice seeing you when you were up in the North! I miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too! Hopefully our next visit is not too far away.:)

      Delete
  2. Thoroughly enjoyed your post. Glimpses of my own heart and thoughts are so present through your words. I loved your description of what it was like to com home. That is a wonderful way to put that feeling of sheer bliss into words.

    And to be in Vermont must have been truly wonderful. That is a place I have been looking at photos of recently and wishing I could go. It looks absolutely charming. It must have been so nice to be there this time of year especially... And I am glad you had a great time of fellowship.

    Blessings to you!
    ~Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jazzmin! I hope someday you are able to visit Vermont.... it will always hold a special place in my heart. :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting Bits of Simplicity:) Please feel free to leave a comment... I am always delighted to hear from anyone! Only please keep "your speech with grace." Thank you again for visiting!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡