Sunday, July 8, 2012

| more sips of summer. |

A little blurry, but I love her little smile.
More pictures of my sweet family and I trying to enjoy this beautiful weather. Hopefully the "journal entry" won't be a repeat of my last post. Oh, there are a few other things I wanted to talk about. =) But first, some pictures.

Last  night I was sitting on the swing outside and the boys were all climbing on the beam that it hangs from. I confess to praying a little that they wouldn't all come crashing down on top of me. But it did make for a nice opportunity for some interesting pictures. A few years ago I would have been right there with them. I guess that's what growing up does to you. I might still if no one was around. =)
Our homestead. ;)

  We all went to a lake on Saturday as a family. It was so nice to do something special as a family together. It was a beautiful little spot, too, nestled right in the mountians and made for some nice photo shoots.





Christopher took this one of me. It was a little tough for him as he was wearing a life jacket when he took it and I was treading water.


Recently a well known preacher passed away of a brain tumor. I was able to follow the progression of his illness on a CaringBridge web site a little bit here and there. He had many dedicated friends following him as well, and they often mentioned him as their hero and great blessing in thier lives, thanking him for the many things he had done for them, and assuring him of the reward waiting for him in heaven. It was touching to see how much they loved him and wanted to hold him up as a brave soldier of the cross but it seemed that at least from an outsider's perspective that the main focus was upon what he had done for God rather than what God had done for him. It is sad as well that this man seemed to have this focus as well. I have found it so important to trust only in Christ's work on the cross for us, and believe in Him alone. I'm not saying that this preacher didn't do this. We hope and pray that he did. But with regards to our salvation God does it all, and He should be the only one to recieve our praise...

Well, some more of my somewhat disconnected thoughts....... but may God recieve the glory!!
Hope you all have a good night. =)
~Hannah~ 

1 comment:

  1. Joy-Joy is growing too fast :(.
    Looks like a wonderful time with the family :).
    What you said reminded me of a verse I just read with the children the other night:
    Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.
    (Psalms 115:1)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Bits of Simplicity:) Please feel free to leave a comment... I am always delighted to hear from anyone! Only please keep "your speech with grace." Thank you again for visiting!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡