Friday, July 6, 2012

| sips of summer. |


Beautiful summer .  .  . up here it seems to slip away so fast, as Mom says, "after the 4th it's all down hill. Too true .=(
When we lived in the Southwest summer was my least favorite season ~ it just seemed to drag on forever! Sometimes the way winter does here, lol.  =) And of course winter was our favorite out there and snow was savored!!! But here I have switched to summer being my favorite ~ and we try to savor it as it has a habit of flying by!
Special summer memories ;)

My poor puppy swam out too far and had to be rescued. ;)


Pure sweetness.

Beautiful foxgloves growing in Mom's flower bed. Mom has always had a green thumb and can turn a black patch of ground into a beautiful flower bed. Usually all I can coax to grow is weeds =(
But I've been noticing that there are plenty of beautiful weeds, too. =) In fact, technically the flowers we usually have in a jar on the table are weeds. =) Or you can be nice and call them wildflowers.


Little sister.  The sun was right in her face, but she still smiled for me =)


2012 vegetable garden.


Christopher is our lawn mower. It is so cute how much he loves to do it. He says he wants to be a farmer when he grows up. Whenever our farmer neighbors harvest their corn he runs over and watches.


The current family prodject is painting the trim on the house and the deck.
Enjoy the beautiful day!

~Hannah~

 "Praise ye the Lord. Praise the Lord, O my soul.
While I live will I praise the LORD, I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. . .
Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God.
Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever....
The LORD shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the Lord."
~Psalm 146: 1~3, 5, 6 & 10

8 comments:

  1. Hi Grr! :D I like your hat!!
    Hannah, has he taught you how to drive the tractor yet? ;)
    I love summer, but I might change my mind a little if I was in the southwest. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take such beautiful pictures Hannah. I agree there are some beautiful "wildflowers" too. They are often in a vase or a canning jar in the middle of our table too.:) I am REALLY enjoying your blog. What a sweet testimony you are to the world around you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting Mrs. R!!! We usually have our flowers in a canning jar too =) I really, really enjoy your blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your blog Hannah and was happy that you are blogging again.:) I love seeing all the pictures that you post.:) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Salinn! I love your blog, too! I tried to add it onto the list of blogs I like (on the sidebar) and for some reason I couldn't?! Oh well, have a wonderful day, too. Miss you. =(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved seeing all the pictures :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mrs. A!! I love seeing all the pictures of you all too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Bits of Simplicity:) Please feel free to leave a comment... I am always delighted to hear from anyone! Only please keep "your speech with grace." Thank you again for visiting!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡