Thursday, July 12, 2012

| wild blueberries. |

Mom has been taking us to the lake a lot during these warm July days. I thought about taking some more lake shots, but I thought it might be nice to have a little change... ;)
 After we went swimming today Matthew and I hiked up to the mountian to see if the wild blueberries were ripe yet. Unfortunately there were only a few that were ripe, so we weren't able to bring home a nice big bucketful yet. Oh, well, that will come soon. But it was nice to take a little hike together, (despite the heat!!) and take some pictures.
A little shortcut we took to get to the mountian. It reminds me of one of those roads you might see in a Lang calendar painting. =)



Hay feilds waiting to be baled. I have always loved the look of hay feilds. They smell like a  clean barn (one of my favorite smells, lol) and they are so pretty and out-in-the-country like especially after the hay has been baled. Round bales especially have a nice look, for photography uses, at least, but square bales are probably more practical, from a farmer's point of view.






I thought these little wildflowers growing alongside our dirt road were really pretty. A country road should have wildflowers growing alongside the edge. =)
Examining the view.




Yes, I did edit this one. =)

I was thinking the other day, sometimes I feel eager to assume the priveledges and responsabilites of an adult, and yes, that will be special too, but right now I want to enjoy these special days of being at home with my dear family! I am so blessed to have them as my family~ they mean a LOT to me!


Anyway, to everybody else, have a wonderful evening, enjoy the beautiful weather, and spend some time with your family!
~Hannah~

"For now we see through a glass darkly, but then face to face: now I know in part, but then shall I know even as also I am known.
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity."
~1 Corinthians 13:12~13 ~



5 comments:

  1. Those are really nice pictures Hannah. I like taking pictures of hay fields with round bales in them. But I agree square bales are better for the farmer though I do like round bales.
    Oh and the last picture is beautiful.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job editing, Hannah! Did you use GIMP or Paint.NET? I love pictures of the country! :D And it's about 1,000,000 times easier to chuck a square bale (I mean, rectangle bale) into a wagon than a round bale. :D I really liked the wildflowers too. Sometimes we teenagers want to grow up really fast, but I think the Lord worked it out well. (Growing up slowly.) Sorry for such a disconnected comment! :) Have a great day and say hi to the rest of the family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick! I actually have quite a few photo editing software/websites I use. For that picture I used Picmonkey, though I like GIMP and Paint.NET too.
      I agree that from experience it is a million times easier to throw and stack square bales as opposed to round. It's harder for livestock to waste hay from a square bale than a round bale as well.

      Delete
  3. I beg to differ. I am the one who feeds the cow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have fed him plenty of times too, and the goats provided a good way of finding out the superiority of square bales.
      Def. laughing out loud. =)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting Bits of Simplicity:) Please feel free to leave a comment... I am always delighted to hear from anyone! Only please keep "your speech with grace." Thank you again for visiting!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡♡